Thursday 16 June 2011

In My Mailbox #1. The Journey Begins………

 

me In my Mailbox #1

Hi Folks and welcome along to the first “In My Mailbox” post.

In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie

imm

So where to begin.  After a long period of non-reading I’ve started to find the urge to pick up books again.  Having enjoyed the Twilight series I thought that I would try to find some fiction similar to films I have enjoyed so much. 

I’ve decided not to read the Twilight books yet as the films are still too fresh in my mind and I want those memories to fade a little before I start reading the books.

Anyway to cut a long story short I came across Rachel Caine’s Morganville Series thanks to the wonder of the Internet and have decided to start reading the first of these books to get me back into reading.  I know I’m not Rachel’s target market being a thirty something year old guy but the plot looks interesting and it looks fairly relaxed and easy going for my first novel.

So this weeks IMM saw me getting the first 3 Morganville Vampires Novels, Glass Houses, The Dead Girls’ Dance and Midnight Alley

glass_houses dead girls dance midnight alley  

Thanks to a lovely Waterstones 3 for 2 offer (As I understand from other book bloggers, this offer often tips weaker book lovers over the edge)

Thanks to a few hours in Airport departure lounges this week I’ve already made a good start on Glass Houses and I look forward to finishing it fairly soon.

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts here and I’ll try to return the favour if you link to my blog.  As a newbie blogger if you can offer me any help, hints and/or tips I’d sure love to hear them

 

Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment